The Book of Zentangle
This book shows beautiful images to inspire your Zentangle creations. This book describes our thought process and approach so you can understand what informed our choices as we created the Zentangle method. This book has suggestions for many activities and relates other tanglers' stories so you can explore more fun and additional benefits from a Zentangle practice. This book is also a good reference guide about the Zentangle method with its glossary, notes, bibliography and index.
- The Zentangle® method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.
- Founders Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas describe in words and images how this popular art form began and how it works.
- People of many ages, backgrounds, and skill levels are learning, enjoying, and creating beautiful Zentangle art whether or not they think they have artistic abilities.
- Inspiration behind the Zentangle Method
- Many Zentangle images
- How to increase your enjoyment and benefit from the Zentangle Method
- How others are using the Zentangle art form in their lives
We designed this to be a high quality soft cover "coffee table" type book. It is approximately 6 x 9.5 inches (150 x 240 mm), 146 pages, full color offset printed.
Here's what CZT Meredith Yuhas has to say:
Rick and Maria are good company as they take you on a creative journey to a place of peace, empowerment, and unlimited potential through this introduction to the Zentangle Method.
Novices and artists alike will be drawn to this easy art form and appreciate the effectiveness of the Zentangle Method's mindfulness process.
The practice of Zentangle nurtures the soul and encourages life enhancing outcomes. It is a pastime, a life skill, and a simple metaphor for life in a complex and busy world.
If you can't sit on a pillow and meditate but you can hold a pen, the Zentangle art form is the process of relaxation for you. This book is the perfect starting point to learn this relaxing method of creating beautiful artwork or to expand on what you already know.
Whether for fun, focus, meditation, or therapy, this art form has something for everyone. I tangle myself, teach it to my clients, and tangle with my family and friends.
Meredith L. Yuhas, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, Director, Counseling & Wellness Center, University of Saint Joseph, Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Zentangle Teacher