Zentangle Original Kit
When we designed our Zentangle Kit, a main guideline was to use quality materials. Whenever you create something, we believe it is important to use the best materials possible - out of respect for yourself and out of respect for what you are creating. Inside a Zentangle Kit, you will find:
- 34 Square Paper Tiles - Zentangle tiles are made from mould made, acid-free, 100% cotton, archival, fine artists' paper. Each tile is die-cut in resonance with this fine paper's original deckle edges. Tiles are 3-1/2 inches (89 mm) square.
- 2 Pens - We chose Sakura® Pigma Micron 01 black pens to draw patterns on our tiles. This archival pen uses pigments instead of dyes to create its 0.25 mm width line. Most importantly, these pens are a pleasure to use. The slightly cushioned paper yields ever so slightly to receive the ink from this pen without absorbing too much and without bleeding.
- Pencils and Sharpener - Use the lovely artist quality HB graphite pencils for strings and shading. Keep it sharp with a enclosed German Kum® brand pencil sharpener.
- Tortillion - Smudge and soften pencil strokes with precision using this tortillion.
- Instruction Booklet and Companion DVD - Learn the 8 steps to the Zentangle Method and beginning tangles to get you started on your Zentangle journey.
- Zentangle Legend™ and Icosahedron - The Legend has twenty numbered and named tangles and instructions on the back. It is a companion to a twenty-sided die (icosahedron). If you're ever stumped with what pattern to do next, or if you want to do a new pattern, just roll your icosahedron and do whatever pattern corresponds.
- Box - Beautiful book style box with magnetic closure to keep all your Zentangle Materials. 5 1/2 " x 8 " x 1 3/4 " (14 cm x 20.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
So, why buy a Zentangle Kit?To understand and appreciate something fully, it's good to learn the basics as they were developed. We invite you to get a Zentangle Kit to appreciate it's beauty, quality and the potential inspiration for creativity that it offers you and whoever else you decide to give one to.